Thursday, February 21, 2008

Introduction to Kites Over Itaquera

Thank you for checking out Kites Over Itaquera. This was the result of a short-term mission trip to Sao Paulo, Brazil in December, 2005.

I wrote this over three weeks after returning, using whatever spare time I had, and then some I didn't. As you will discover, this was the most difficult task I have ever completed. By the time I finished, I was literally ready to disconnect my computer and throw it out on the street. I let this sit for two years, unwilling to return to it until recently to make final edits.

If I have an overarching purpose with this blog, it is to show the importance of missions. Originally, I thought we should take care of business in our own back yard. I thought this until somebody innocuously announced the trip and the suddenly light came on.

I also have a newfound appreciation for full-time missionaries. We must give them the material and moral support as much as possible. Most will never understand what they go through on a daily basis.

However, we are all called to be missionaries. Anybody who does not know the Lord is an "unreached people group." That means we must be a missionary in our own backyards. But if you have the means, I strongly encourage you to involve yourself in short-term missions.

"...The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Then make yourself available.

Feel free to e-mail petelenz@yahoo.com.

Pete.

PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE CONTAINS ONLY THE FIRST SIX CHAPTERS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home